Friday 4 December 2015

Feedback from Editing

As i have finished my cut of the music video I went out to seek advise on the editing of the music video. Therefore as I presented the music video I received various different feedbacks, which I would choose to follow or ignore:

  • Extend the time lapse of the the city outside
I was told this by various different people as they believe that the shot duration should be longer as its a very beautiful shot. Initially as the the weather in UK is very inconsistent therefore I thought it would be nicer if it was shorter. Nevertheless I thought it would be nicer to have a longer shot of the time lapse as it made our music video more dynamic. 

  • Continuity of some of the shots
Personally I felt continuity is key within my music video. However as I was editing there are some shots that need to be placed in order to make it seem more upbeat and fast. This obviously meant that there was going to be a few continuity flaws nevertheless the fact that I am editing means I am naturally going to stress about all the small details however once I showed it to a large no. of people they didn't notice any difference. Therefore I only made a few tiny patch ups of some of the continuity mistakes.

  • Reduce the time spent on the roof before it pans down (night time shot)
As the roof is not seen through out the music video my group felt maybe it would be nicer if it had a shot duration time on the roof. This was because as the time lapse was shorter this meant there was more time spent on the camera facing the roof therefore as I extended the time lapse then the time spent on facing the roof was shorter. Meaning that the problem was already fixed!


  • Lighting!
One thing I haven't done in my music video was colour grading therefore it meant that the change in the day time was very disjointed meaning I would have to colour grade each shot to make them similar.












As a whole I received positive feedback from my style of editing through the use of short and simple cuts. As I felt for our music video we needed to cut to most of the drum beats so make our music video more interesting as we didn't have a narrative to cut into. As we had a wide range of different shot it allowed me to more flexible with the editing and not show the same shot after two cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment