Sunday 13 December 2015

Beginning of the making of the Album cover


As I spoke with everyone in the group we felt we should have this album should have a out of the world feeling. Therefore Freddie had this concept of having the man on the moon. Having a astronaut holding a flag of the band (lion). 


Therefore I tried out this concept however I felt that it didn't have that same feel/appearance as Feddie pitched it. I think its because the moon looks epic however the cartoon of the man of the moon doesn't stand out. This defeats the purpose of the “man of the moon” and I felt it would have been cooler having a picture of one of the band members in a astronaut suit like an actual picture on the moon. However this was too optimistic for our bands first band album.


However I didn't want to steer away from the idea of outer space. Therefore I spoke with a few of the art students within my school and explained them the concept then they illustrated me the concept. When I spoke to teacher about this concept the told me that he though that the drawing seemed to have a very metal approach.

 However this gave me the idea to carry on the idea of how the planets are arranged. Therefore i had found the base of the digipak! However I felt to make the digi pack more artistic I had to add/change the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment