Sunday 13 December 2015

Adding to the Digipak

Background

I want the background to be very stylish look for the space therefore as I was in school I noticed one guy that was wearing a very stylish jumper. The colours suited the colour of outta space but looked very interesting. However to bring out the black colour I had to add the pin light effect onto the texture without getting rid of the white in the picture.














The Planet

As i didn't want to copy a picture form google onto our band cover I felt that I had to find a picture of a rock or something with a similar shape. However my friend recommended taking picture of a  teachers bald head this immediately was brushed off. However once I saw my bald math teacher Mike playing pool it immediacy reminded me of the planned therefore I sneakily took a picture of his head!


















Band Members on the planet



 The concept was tho have one of the band members standing on the planet alone a bit like the Imagine Dragons songs. As I was truly inspired by the image on the imagine dragon logo. However this didn't work out for our band album as the background is too dark and doesn't stand out enough.





 However as I was walking back after I took pictures of the drummer I saw and interesting shadow that gave me an idea on what to add onto the planet. I though it would be simple yet artistic. This seemed perfect however all of the shadows was all the same therefore I had to add the paint tool to fill in the hands to make them all seem different.


Title


 
For the title Perry found a bunch of different fonts to see, which one would suit more with the band. Then I used a paint brush tool to make a paint look towards the album with some wavy text. However Perry wasn't fond of this idea therefore as we were looking though different font he preferred called long distance call regular. 







No comments:

Post a Comment